Interestingly, according to Body+Soul Australia studies have shown that listening to music of any kind while exercising can give your brain an amazing boost and exercising in time to the music can increase your endurance capacity by up to 15 per cent.
Here is a list of pros for exercising to music:
- Music can help exercise become an experience rather than a chore
- Inspires us; creative brain switches on
- Encourages longer work out sessions
- Helps consistency in training
Look out for!!
- When you need to focus on an exercise technique best to postpone the music until you’re ready
- Match your beats per minute to your heart level for different levels of exercise i.e slow walking, speed walking, running, circuit etc